“Thank-you for all the support with the LGBTQ agenda in Lewisham. There is still a long way to go but you definitely made an impact.”
“Thank-you for facilitating our Health & Well-Being Citizenship day at the college. We appreciate the excellent efforts you made in making the day a successful one for our students.”
Head of PSHE, Catholic College
“Thank-you for coming the long way to Taiwan and participate in our Happy Life Conference & Workshops, with your kind sharing of your personal experience and professional prospect in dealing with difficult emotions, this will enable all attendees to gradually improve their abilities in caring for each other and themselves.”
Director and all the Staff
Taiwan Lourdes Association
“Joel came to the college this am, and we had a fantastically useful session.”
Support & Entitlement Team Lead
“A huge thank-you for such an informative, challenging and sensitively lead workshop”
Jewish Counselling Service
“I was able to empathise with how it must be to find out you have a chronic condition and then disclose your family when there is so much stigma around the topic. It was beautifully delivered”
Connected by Humanity
Chai-Yoel describes themselves as an HIV, Intercultural, Interfaith and LGBT activist; an advocate for social change and social justice; a Motivational Public Speaker and Well-Being Writer where he has written various pieces for online & print media.
As one recent participant that attended a talk at Connected by Humanity fed back: “I have come to hear Chai -Yoel speak a few times now, what I love about Chai – Yoel is that he always speaks from a deep embodied place in his heart and Joel offers an open and warm approach, to any subject and audience”.
Chai – Yoel believes: “We will only build connections in our communities through expressing our vulnerabilities. We will only create change through dialogue and really listening to each other”
Chai – Yoel has spoken at many events in the UK and Worldwide. Chai – Yoel loves to write about his specialist subjects. If you would like Chai – Yoel to speak at your event or write an editorial piece, please send a proposal with budget available by email.
- Intersectional Conference, Pink Therapy, 2019
- Positive Voices, Terrence Higgins Trust, as volunteer spoke at secondary schools and colleges in London
- Mastering the Addictive Personality to speak about ChemSex, http://carolyncowan.com, 2015-2017.
- Department of Primary Care and Population Health, University College London Medical School to speak to Medics about the sociological, psychological and economic issues of living with an infectious illness, once a year, 2012-2016
- Ritual Reconstructed a collaboration highlighting the connection between faith and sexuality. I spoke about the intersection of sexuality, faith and living with a disability, at Connected Communities Festival, Norwich University, 2015.
- Keshet UK to speak about LGBT Pride at JCoSS. JCoSS is a pluralist Jewish learning community that provides young people with an excellent Jewish Education. Invited through Keshet UK to provide training to Raphael Jewish Counselling Service 2015
- Taiwan Lordes Association to speak on the subject of ‘Dealing with Difficult Emotions’ as part of the Happy Life Conference, Taipei, September 2011.