Welcome to Joel Korn Psychotherapy
I am an experienced Trauma qualified Counsellor and Supervisor with over a decade of experience of offering counselling and group work services to adults and young people. I am able to meet with you in East Finchley, Liverpool Street, London Bridge or via Skype in English. In 1999, I left the stress of the hospitality and catering industry, since then I have worked in the fields of health, social and youth work helping people to take charge of their health and well-being.
I also offer Group Therapy; Supervision; Training & Consultancy Services; and Public Speaking & Writing around themes of well-being or my specialisms for journals and magazines. I am happy to work for statutory or voluntary sector organisations offering Counselling or Supervision on a freelance basis, for small or large projects.
For more information about the Counselling and Psychotherapy I offer please go to my Psychotherapy page where you will find more information about my specialisms.
I am an experienced Community Development and Volunteer Development worker, skilled at engaging marginalised communities such as the: BAME, Faith and LGBT communities. Adept at developing trusting and respectful relationships, finding creative methods to reach out to both young people and adults. I have the tenacity & self-awareness to work in challenging situations.
I combine a deep knowledge of community development with project management skills. Please see the charities I’ve worked for section for more information.
- Diploma in Trauma Therapy| NAOS Institute
- Certified Psychotherapeutic Supervisor| LCCTA
- Diploma in Applied Group-work Skills| WPF – London Bridge
- Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling| Lambeth College
- Intermediate Counselling Skills/ Studies| Lambeth College
- Access Course Social Work/ Social Care, Westminster Kingsway College
Further Professional Training
- Currently studying: Touching the Relational Edge: Relational Body Psychotherapy, Open Centre
- Treating Out of Control Sexual Behaviour: Douglas Braun Harvey
- Motivational Interviewing
- Mental Health First Aid
- Mastering the Addictive Personality (CPD)| http://theaddictivepersonality.co.uk
- Sexual Health & Young People with Learning Disabilities (CPD)| Sheffield Sexual Health
- A Gestalt Approach to working with Children and Adolescents (CPD)| Gestalt Centre